Search This Blog

Friday, February 14, 2014

Writing Full-Time

To all those authors who are able to write full-time, I have one thing to say "lucky you."

There are only a handful that gets to pursue their writing dreams full-time. For others, they're still working a day job and pursuing their literary aspirations.

I'm one of those authors who works another job and even though my job's flexible it can still be tough to write on my books. I try to write at least once a day, even if it’s just a sentence or short paragraph. Although, I have to admit there are days where I’m so consumed with work that I don’t get any writing done.

Weekdays are hard for me to work on my books, but weekends are different. On weekends, I don’t have to worry about my job and I can relax and devote my attention to my books. So far this has been an effective method and I’ve found I can get more work finished.

I’d love to write full-time, unfortunately at the moment it’s not possible. But I’m not going to give up on my dream, I’m going to continue writing and maybe one day I’ll be able to become a full-time author.


No comments:

Post a Comment