Search This Blog

Saturday, July 5, 2014

Westmore: Betrayal

I'm happy to announce that Westmore: Betrayal, the fifth volume in the Westmore series is finally here. Betrayal is the theme as Westmore's couples and families face the aftermath of being betrayed by their loved ones.

*The secret of their mother’s death and Andrew’s involvement in the cover-up threatens to destroy The Braxtons.

*Jacob and Alicia’s engagement is put on hold due to the reappearance of his ex-fiancĂ©e, Courtney. Jacob finds himself torn between two women and must make a difficult choice, which will leave one woman heartbroken.

*After a brief separation, Scott and Melissa are reunited. With a baby on the way, life couldn’t be better for the couple. Their happiness is soon shatter when Scott’s rival, Wayne Braxton starts meddling in their lives and reveals a shocking secret.

What other secrets and adventures await the characters, find out in Westmore: Betrayal.



Excerpt:

Andrew walked into his bedroom and saw that Elizabeth's clothes and other possessions were gone, the realization his wife had left him sunk in. He thought she was bluffing and in a few days she'd be back, but judging from the emptiness of her side of the closet, he knew she was serious. Unable to stay in the room, Andrew turned off the light and proceeded downstairs. What have I done? I've lost everything.
       Even though he regained his position as CEO, the one thing he treasured most, he lost two of the most important people in his life, his brother and his wife. Based on their reactions, he knew they didn't want anything to do with him ever again.
       He poured a glass of whiskey to ease his sorrow, then he heard the door open. Thinking it could be Elizabeth, he ran into the foyer; however his mood dampened when he saw his son.
       "What the hell are you doing here?"
       "I thought I'd come by and check on you and mom." After the showdown at the office, Wayne drove around to clear his head. He realized he made a horrible mistake and because of it his family was in turmoil.
       "Well, you're wasting your time. Elizabeth's left me."
       Although it shouldn't have come as a surprise, Wayne was still shocked by the news. "Do you know where she went?"
       "No, he angrily replied.
       "Did she say when she'd be back?"
       "I said I don't know," Andrew shouted. "She didn't tell me anything other than she was leaving." He collapsed onto the couch and covered his face with his hand.
       "I can't believe this." Wayne sat on the arm of the couch and tried to come to grips with everything that transpired within the last few hours.
       Andrew looked at his son with hatred in his eyes. "You should've expected this all along. It's your fault this is happening."
       The accusation caused fury to erupt inside Wayne. "Don't you blame all this on me, Father Dearest." He pointed his finger in Andrew's face. "I admit it was wrong of me to blackmail you and expose your secret. But what you did is far worse."
       "Don't you start you little punk." Andrew jumped from the couch. "I've had a bad day and I suggest you keep your mouth shut."
       "No way." Wayne stared at his father. "You're the one who helped conceal you mother's murder. You're the one who lied to the police. And you're the one who kept the secret and watched as it caused a feud with Caroline. So in my eyes, you've committed much worse deed than I have.
       Andrew didn't say a word; instead he pursed his lips together and turned away as Wayne continued his taunting.
       "That's the way it's always been with you Andrew. Thinking you're Mr. Perfect." Wayne made quotation marks with his fingers. "Then when something goes wrong you blame others for your problems. Well, not this time. I'm not taking the wrap for what's happened to you." His face became flush as he unleashed his anger. "You know, I'm happy this happened. Now, everyone can see what a bastard you are."
       Andrew balled his fist as he faced his son. "Shut your mouth or..."
      "What are you going to do? Hit me?" Wayne motioned for his father to swing at him. "Come on I dare you."
       He continued clutching his fist as Wayne goaded him; there was nothing Andrew would love more than to knock out his son. But he couldn't go through with it; he unraveled his fist and looked at Wayne."
       "I knew you didn't have the guts." Wayne sneered.
       Andrew's anger resurfaced with every word that escaped his son's mouth. Unable to take anymore, he took Wayne's arm and twisted it behind his back.
       "What the hell are you doing?"
       "Something I should've done a long time ago." With a tight grip on Wayne he led him to the frong door, where he proceeded to throw him out. "I don't want you anywhere near me or this house ever again. As far as I'm concerned you're no longer a part of my life." Andrew then slammed the door in his son's face.



Available at:

Amazon  

Createspace 



No comments:

Post a Comment